Overview of email webhooks
Webhooks allow you to get more information on what happened with each email. Without setting up a webhook our system will only display whether your emails were sent to a provider or not. To know if emails reached their respective recipients if the recipients opened those emails, and more, you need to register a webhook.
All of our given email providers offer webhook functionality. The following shows how to set up webhooks using any of the providers.
- 1.Sign-in to your SendGrid account.
- 2.Go to Settings > Mail Settings.
- 3.Open Event Notification expandable.
- 4.Here make sure that the switch on the left is set to ON. In a field HTTP POST URL add the following URL
- 5.Below check the boxes of event types that you want to receive.
SendGrid event notification setup
Click and open events will not be tracked just yet. For that, you need to enable open and click tracking.
- 1.Go to Settings > Tracking.
- 2.Here expand Click Tracking and Open Tracking and switch them to ON.